GPEA Scholarship 2019 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Grosse Pointe Education Association will be providing a $500 scholarship to a senior student whose parent or parents are members in good standing of the Grosse Pointe Education Association. It is our goal to help a motivated young person with his or her college expenses.
– Cover letter
– Grade Pointe Average of 3.0 or above
– A copy of the student’s transcript
– Demonstration of extra curricular activities and/or work experience
– Acceptance or plans to attend a public or private college/vocational school in the fall of 2015
– A personal essay that responds to ONE of the following questions:
- Is your past academic record an accurate reflection of your ability and potential?
- Discuss your most rewarding nonacademic experience. This could include travel, a hobby, and membership in a club or organization, a cultural activity, employment, or community service.
- What are the qualities, both intellectual and personal, of an educated person?
- Discuss the influence of one special teacher in your life.
- What issues do you believe will most influence education in the next decade?
- What are an educated person’s obligations to his/her community – local, national, global?
**The cover letter, GPA, transcript, listing of activities, acceptance plans, and essay should be mailed to our new address: 17848 Mack Ave. Grosse Pointe, MI 48230 or put in interoffice mail in a 9 x 12 sealed envelope to GPEA Scholarship. Please email the office to let us know to look for your application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for all applications: Monday, May 6, 2019
Winner will be announced by: Friday, May 24, 2019